ESTEVE is an international pharmaceutical and chemical group focused on innovation and excellence in the field of health. The company has two main areas of operation: a pharmaceutical area and the pharmaceutical active ingredients area.
In the pharmaceutical area, ESTEVE has activities in the field of research, development and commercialization of new medical drugs and new innovative formulations.
As consequence of their new strategic plan, Columna was challenged to improve the company’s competitive positioning, focusing and strengthening their therapeutic areas with the creation of a single unifying framework for all stake holders under the ESTEVE umbrella.
Within this dynamic and yet conservative industry (in terms of the evolution of brand identities), we saw the opportunity to go beyond and reinforce the positioning of each area by adding personality, innovation, singularity, dynamism, trust and humanity.
In the first phase we carried out a complete external and internal analysis to identify key insights and define strategic recommendations for the architecture and identity.
After the strategic phase, we began the creative development for the naming and the visual universe for all areas (colors, typographies, logotypes, symbols, images…)
In the last phase, we produced a manual to be used as a guide to properly implement all the graphic elements defined in the project.
– A color coded brand for each area with a common design structure.
– A current and powerful symbol, inspired by the group’s brand, with volumes and movement that conveys dynamism and evolution.
– Typography with a current and unique style to reflect innovation and modernity.
– Customizable communication materials designed with common elements in all areas and adapted by color code.
– A specific impactful photographic style.
– A hierarchy of information that establishes a link between the ESTEVE brand and all other area brands.
The final set integrates all resources and creates a versatile visual universe rich in elements which solve the needs of all areas within their context of action.